Monday, May 24, 2010

Light beyond the clouds

This past week has been so unreal. Everything I have ever dreamed of doing has been put in front of me and set up for success. I have to step back sometimes to take it all in and thank the universe for being awesome. I have spent so much of my life dreaming of the future and now that it is here I am finally learning how to embrace the present. While it was a long and emotional journey I am so glad that everything is happening when the time was right.

Saturday we experienced our first event which was set up by this amazing twelve year old girl names Devyn. Her father is the VP of Disney records so we got to kick it with a bunch of teenage girls pining over All Star Weekend, which is supposedly the equivalent to our N*SYNC. SOOOOO MUCH FUN! Billy Ray Cyrus graced us with his presence which was pretty awesome, especially because his 1992 debut album Some Gave All was one my first cassette tapes. Yah I know, I lived in Texas what can you expect. The kids who helped out with our event were some of the most well-mannered, intelligent, passionate kids I have ever come across. It was such an amazing experience.


Bobby Bailey, one of the co-founders of Invisible Children, has been in town helping out with our video ideas which has also been so surreal. I never would have imagined a few years ago that I would be drinking wine and sing songs around a campfire with the creator of the movie that changed my life. Here is a small snip-it of how ridiculous he is. LOVE IT!


Today we were given our job titles, which is awesome. I have loved the training experience but have found myself so ready to get this ball rolling. You are now looking at the Artist Relations coordinator for Falling Whistles. I will be the liaison between musicians as well as other artists and the Falling Whistle team. One of my tasks this summer is to organize our Summer Thursday events, which are a community gathering for people to come and enjoy good music, great people, and stimulating conversations. I am so excited to be apart of this!! Hopefully, the one and only BEAT MASS will be playing our big House Party! And collaborations with Jared Tate are in the works!!

There are so many exciting things to come this summer. I feel so fortunate to be apart of it all. I encourage you to come and visit on a Thursday if you can and join in on the festivities, it is going to be a summer of epic proportions.

No comments: